Ok, so I had the opportunity to review a book for a really awesome website (I'll explain later). The book is called The Working Woman's Pregnancy Book by Marjorie Greenfield (who is an obstetrician!). I know what you're thinking... I'm not I "working" woman. At least, not in that sense of the word. However, I have been a working pregnant woman before.... and really, who can tell me that being a stay at home mom that is pregnant and has a 2 year old is not work???
Really, this book should be read by anyone who wants to have children, is already pregnant, or is even on their 6th child. I wish I had it during my first pregnancy... every question I've ever had was answered! Yes, even after having done it once already there were still many, many unanswered questions. I thought the other books I had read prepared me for having Tyler, but I was so surprised by things that happened! For example: after being in labor for 5 hours with Tyler, I decided I wanted an epidural. Bliss! however, Tyler's heart rate dropped and for about 10 minutes there was talk of doing a C-section. Not one thing I had read before said anything about that happening! While reading this book, I didn't think it would, either....but guess what?? It was in there! Where was this book 3 years ago??? Reading this book would have prepared me so much more! It addresses everything you could ever think of! I expected it to focus a lot more on the working part, but really it just addressed it and moved on. I didn't feel excluded because I'm a stay at home mom. It also gives a lot of tips on going back to work once you've had your baby, which I think will be helpful to working moms out there.
This is a very large book... and it reads like a textbook. They could seriously make this a college course. I love reading up on pregnancy and birth and all of that, so I really liked that it was so detailed. It seemed a little redundant at times, but in the end I appreciated how thorough it was. I can now get rid of every other pregnancy book I have on my bookshelf and put this one great book in its place. If you are pregnant, want to be pregnant, or even if you just plain want to know more about it, you need to get this book! Even if you're not a "working" woman!
Here is a link if you want to buy it:



2 comments:
I will keep that in mind katie- thanks for sharing
WOW!! That book sounds super great!! I will have to look into that book when we start thinking seriously about little ones!! Hope all is wonderful!!
Post a Comment