CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas and my Boys

So, here is our very first family picture! It was Christmas Eve so we decided to dress up a little for the Christmas Eve service at church. We had a wonderful Christmas! It was pretty relaxing for once! My whole family came to our house Christmas morning. They made it even in the blizzard, but just barely- my Dad and brother had to take their 4 wheel drive vehicles to pick up all of my grandparents first! Then we enjoyed a nice breakfast (which I made all by myself! But it wasn't anything too difficult... I did most of it the night before) and opened presents and visited. The nice thing was Isaac woke up at 7 and stayed awake until 11 and then took a 4 hour nap in the bassinet! Everyone arrived at about 10:30 so I got to enjoy myself while he was asleep. I kinda feel bad because I know people want to see and hold him, but I didn't want him to be too overstimulated either. Tyler had a great Christmas... it was so fun because he understood so much more this year. The look on his face when he first woke up and saw his presents was priceless.

Here is my cute little Isaac on his first Christmas! He is just so adorable. I wish everyone could see him in person because I really don't think pictures do him justice. Dean and I wondered what little nickname he would get because Tyler has always been "punkin head." I know it's probably silly but so far I've been calling Isaac "peepers" because I just love his eyes and he makes the cutest little noises (peeps). He has his daddy's eyes and he makes the cutest expressions. He is such a good baby. Tyler would never sleep unless we were holding him it seemed like, but Isaac will sleep anywhere and for good lengths of time. And Tyler LOVES him, still! People keep asking me how Tyler is handling things and he's just fine, like nothing has even changed. He still loves to hold him and gives him kisses all the time. He's even protective of him! When I was giving Isaac a bath Tyler was watching and said "don't get water in my baby brother's eyes, mom." Then when the nurse had him at his 2 week appt. Tyler told her to be careful and not to hurt him. SO SWEET! I love my boys......

2 comments:

Caranna said...

What cute pictures! You look fantastic! I would never guess that you just had a baby!!
It sounds like you had a great Christmas!
Tyler is such a cutie! I hope he continues to like his brother so much!

Sarah Roberts said...

tht is too precious- wht a beautiful family