CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tough Little Boy

Tyler got a cold about a week and a half ago, and it's nasty. Colds are always nasty, but this one just seemed a little worse. It's just hung on forever without much improvement. His cousin had it, too. Now, before he was a year old he would get ear infections all the time, so before his first birthday we had tubes put in his ears. He never had one again. Until now.
The day of his party I noticed some, well, stuff in his ear. Not wax, just drainage I guess. I'd never seen that happen before. I was a little concerned but Tyler was acting fine, so I figured the tube was doing it's job. The next morning, more drainage. I researched it a little and found that it was probably an ear infection. But he was still acting pretty normal. Sleeping through the night and everything. I would ask him if anything hurt, and he'd either say no or point to his chin (throat, maybe?). So after going back and forth over whether or not to take him to urgent care (since it was Sunday), I finally decided, for my own peace of mind, that I should take him.
Turns out he had an infection in both ears and a sore throat. His tubes got plugged, but my little man never even complained about anything! He is such a BOY!
P.S. He is feeling much better now... I guess :-)

0 comments: