CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Time for another book review!


So this time I had the opportunity to review The Pregnancy Journal by A. Christine Harris. Obviously I haven't completed it since I'm not even halfway through my pregnancy, but I skimmed around as well as following along with where I'm supposed to be in the book. It is a really great journal! I tried to keep one for Tyler that was much smaller but ended up missing a lot in it because it was not day-to-day. I didn't remember enough to go back and fill in what I had missed. The nice thing about this one is it is day-to-day. If you have an extra five minutes every day it's very easy to follow along with.
This journal is almost like doing a devotional every day rather than keeping a journal. There are a few places to record thoughts, feelings, and other notes, but it's not everyday..... which I like. Not a lot changes from day to day in pregnancy, it's more over a period of time. This journal accommodates that well. I am not the sort of person who wants to take the time to write every day... I just want to write when I feel like it!
Evey day there is a new tidbit of information and an interesting fact about that day of the pregnancy. For me, it's really reassuring to know that so much is going on inside that I don't know about. Right now all I know for myself is that I don't feel great, I'm tired, I'm moody, and my belly is getting bigger. It's great to know that the baby is developing and something new happens almost every day. It makes it that much more real, and helps me to feel better about all the symptoms, too! Any of you who are pregnant out there (and I know there's quite a few) look into this if you are interested in finding out how your baby is growing every day, and you want to look back on your pregnancy with fond memories!

Here is the link if anyone is interested in buying it....
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0811846970/mothertalk-20/

0 comments: